Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Love: Sillunu Oru Kaadhal



CAUTION: This is going to be a very LONG post. So don't complain :P Be Patient,Thank You :)


This movie is one of my most favorite Tamil movies, it ties/competes with my other most favorite movie Alaipayuthey. :D I love this movie soo much, its the movie I started liking Surya alot, LOVE THE MOVIE.....


***Spoiler Alert: If you haven't seen the movie don't read the story but read after :) !


Story: Gautham(Surya) and Kundavi(Jyothika) get married, both are moody on the day of their marriage. Six years later we see them happy with a daughter named Aishu/Aishwarya( Shriya Sharma). Gautham goes on a business trip to the US. During this time Kundavi finds his old diary, and finds out that he was deeply in love with Aishu/Aishwarya(Bhoomika), the daughter of a local MP of where he studied(Coimbatore). When they decide to marry, and Gautham is tying the last knot on the thali of Aishu, her father comes and bashes him up. He is hurt real badly, his friends search everywhere for Aishu, but they can't find her. Just when Gautham is about to go search for her, his uncle, who has always been taking care of him, falls down the stairs. Before his uncle dies he tells Gautham that his wish is for Gautham to marry Kundavi. Which he does, or else he wouldn't be a good person. At the end of the diary he writes: " If I had a wish it would be to live with Aishu for atleast a day, it will feel like I have lived with her for a yugam". *End of Flashback*.  After finishing, Kundavi is in tears. When Gautham gets back, she doesn't act right with him, she is sort of angry around him,and avoids him. One day she finds Aishu and brings her back. Aishu has been in Australia for the past years Its a huge surprise for Gautham when he sees her at his front door, all changed. She is a total contrast from the shy, salwar kameez girl from college. Kundavi tells Gautham that she really loves him and she wants him totally and that she read his diary,tells him that he should live happily with Aishu for a day. He is shocked! Kundavi leaves with their daughter.When she gets back she sees a letter from Aishu that says: "Dear Kundavi, You gave me one whole day with your husband, but all we needed was an hour; 40 minutes of silence, 10 minutes of formal inquiries, and 10 minutes to talk. Even in those 10 minutes all he talked about was you and how you completed him. Now I see how well you've merged in his life and I dont want to disturb your happy life as I see how you two are immensely in love. Gautham is yours for this birth but he will be mine for the next 6 births. I have always loved Gautham, and I will love him in my next birth too. But not as Ishu, but as Kundavi. " The movie ends in all happies, with Gautham and Kundavi uniting.


I found this movie to be a twisty, because of how Kundavi tells Gautham that he could spend a day with Aishu,which is weird. Normally, I thought Kundavi would act like nothing happened when he was gone.


Surya was definatley AWESOME! He rocked,he transformed perfectly from that rugged looking dude in college to the family man years later. He looked soo cute in the flashback of the movie, with his highlights and toughness :D He was AMAZING in the emotional scenes, like the ending :) Jo,(Jyothika) was cute and adorable as always :D Acting was great too :) :) She and Surya looked cute together, of course :D And wow she can cry really well :D Its sooo realistic! And now to my favorite character in the movie.......Bhoomika! Oh my gosh! She was my fav in the movie along with Surya! Bhoomika and Surya seriously made a stunning pair! No I'm not kidding, though Jo and Surya are a real life pair, Bhoomi and Surya are a great on-screen pair! :D They were just mind boggling in the song Munbe Vaa :) Sorry, just can't stop talking about them :D.... God, but I was crying a well, when they had to split like that :'(...... ughhhh its soooo sad :( I always cry at that part, Jo's dream about Bhoomi and Surya at the dining table. and at the ending when Jo is reading the letter she wrote :'(. Bhoomi came out with a good performance, she improved in this Tamil movie from her last ones. :) I wonder who dubbed for her? I think it was Chinmayee who did, but I am not sure.. Bhoomi was very cute in the flashback, but then turned all punk since her character demanded it after the flashback. But she was AWESOME :D Loved, Loved her :D As you can see, I am always emotionally attached to triangular love stories. I hate it when the first girl love gets lost, or she can't convey her love for the hero,just HATE it. I end up crying for these types of films. I mean I know its just a movie but I have seen it happen...(NO JOKE). But I don't know why, I just love this movie a ton...maybe its because of Surya,he carried the movie so well,thanks to director N.Krishna.But still he rocks :)


I would say my most favorite parts of the movie is the flashback of Gautham's college days , when Gautham sees Aishu after 6 years, and Kundavi's dream. :) :) I really hope Surya and Bhoomika act together in the near future :))) .  


The music is definitely spell-bounding.. AR Rahman even won an award for the music thats how awesome it is!! ( Filmfare!!) Shreya did too for her singing in the movie(Munbe Vaa) and a Tamil Nadu state award for the same :D My most favorite Tamil song will ALWAYS be Munbe Vaa, cause as mentioned before I am very emotionally attached, and I am to this song too. :) LOVE LOVE the picturization and Surya and Bhoomika in the sonnngg, great chemistry between the two :D LOVE the song totally :D :) All the songs were romantic so LOVE them all :D My favs in order(start from most fav/most listened to) - Munbe Vaa,Machakarri,New York,Maaricham Yaaro,Kummi Adi,Maaza Maaza,Jillendru Oru Kaadhal. :D 











They either didn't film Maaricham Yaaro or they did and cut it out, but here is the song: 











(Good quality but IDK what lang. subs)



( Good quality video, but IDK what lang. subs) 



Couldn't find the video of the song Jillendru Oru Kaadhal:











Not to forget the Lovely BGMS!  : 









Munbe Vaa or the BGMS ALWAYS end up being my ringtone :) 


Now for My most awaited part in the posts!! MY MOST FAV SCENES!!!


Love Bhoomi's expression ;)



Just watch the expressions of Surya in these scenes, priceless (Bhoomi's expression too :) ) .......: 


















Fav scene in this video : 0:13-1:45 












*** Yes people, I actually have a favorite Surya and Jo scene in the movie :D





Surya's cool intro ;) :





Watch from 3:14 - 4:10 (Surya's expressions) :) 



Watch from 6:01-10:13 and from 13:02-the end ( love the bgm :D)

OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS COMPLICATION!! ITS JUST SURYA AND BHOOMIKA :D :) ( Non-Indian song)



Cool Remix I found of Munbe Vaa:



A couple of questions I have about the film
1. Did they shoot some more scenes, but cut them off?????
2.In the movies Gautham and Kundavi's daughters name is Aishwarya too, so does that mean Gautham named her after his first love, Aishu?
3.Did Gautham ever think about Aishu after his marriage?
4.What was Gautham about to ask Aishu before Kundavi broke the glass??
5.Since, Gautham was in his second year of college, does that mean he had to discontinue it after he got hurt badly and marry Kundavi?
6.Why does Aishu tell her friend not to tell her father, that Gautham hit her in the face on purpose? 


What Caught my Eye in 2006 ( When I didn't know Tamil back then)
-Nuvvu Nenu Prema-( You,me,love)
I remember it released in 2006, toward the end of the year. I also bought the audio in India when I was on vacation that year. Something told me, that this movie is gonna be breezy and sweet,maybe it was the title,the background color,or Surya putting his arms out in the rain...


Final Thoughts
I don't think Asin could have done better than Bhoomika, if she actually took up the role. I think so because, she doesn't have the insane amount of innocence, look-wise, that is needed. Bhoomika was adorable, and then she smoothly transitioned into a punk,hard girl. No one could of replaced Surya or Jo in the movie either, they were just right. :) To me Bhoomi's character stuck out more,then any other in the movie. And once again, AR Rahman SIR you rock! :D  


I Love to watch the trailer even now :D 

There are some scenes in the trailer like where Bhoomi is running in the yellow salwar kameez which is not in the movie, so I feel like they have cut out some scenes ......

My Most Favorite Review from websites:

More Posts to come about Sillunu Oru Kaadhal........

Here is a group on Facebook made by me for SOK :):

4 comments:

  1. I just watched the Telugu-dubbed version of this last week and I totally loved it. I had a blast reading through all of your post and reliving all of the great songs and scenes.

    I loved that it showed how fun and playful Gautham and Kundavi's married life is in the scenes on the train, and them hanging out after the daughter has gone to bed. Majaa Majaa is such a sexy song, especially the shot of the them in the shower. (I wonder if they were able to get away with that because the actors were married/engaged?)

    Agreed that Bhumika is so awesome, she did such a good job of playing the younger girl and the more mature, toughened version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a Ton! This means alot :) hahaa yes Majaa Majaa is a sexy song :D yeah the train scene was fun :D about the getting away thing, what happened was the censor people told surya and the director that the majaa majaa song had to be removed and surya and the director didn't agree, so the gave SOK a U/A, instead of a clean U certificate. and yes Bhoomi was awesome :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn niki.....da review was exactly like wat i felt!....the irony of the movie was it was very similiar to my love life then!(broke up with ex...moved on to new one....months later....ex returns again!...)except for the marriage part!everythin was similiar....i remember the mental trauma i felt...struck between the woman i love the most and the one i used to love the most was killin me!!!...this movie can always bring down a tear in my eyes!....the entire cast was awesome!!!!ar rehman sir's bgm made it my all time fav mush flick....the movie was like an new gen "mouna ragam" to me!.....2006 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
    SAIRAM(saairam_venkatesan@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Hold on dude :) U will get through it :) Nice to know someone out there feels the way I do :)

    ReplyDelete