Friday, July 22, 2011

Jiiva Marathon

Well I just went through my 2nd marathon, for a couple of weeks. This time it was actor Jiiva, who has acted in movies such as Ko,Raam,Siva Manasula Sakthi, and more. Here is the list of movies I saw, in order of my most favorite to least.

1. Ko
*ing: Jiiva,Karthika,Pia,and Ajmal
Everyone has that movie of a certain actor, in which they notice or become a fan of him/her. Ko was it for me. Jiiva once again proved himself as an actor, through this film. Jiiva also shared great chemistry with Karthika and Pia. The songs were just awesome! Till Ko I saw like 4 movies of Jiiva, which weren't very eye catching, but in Boss Engira Bhaskaran I thought he was pretty funny. 


2. Dishyum
*ing: Jiiva,Sandhya
Loved it for its cute love story, about a stunt man and an arts student falling in love. I thought it was different how they fell in love. By the way nice acting done by both Jiiva and Sandhya. I have seen the movie twice, and still every scene is something to look forward too. 

3. Siva Mansula Sakthi
*ing: Jiiva,Anuya,Santhanam
SMS, is watchable anytime for me, I don't know why. I can turn it on anytime and still not get tired of it. The creds go to Director Rajesh for making it such a cool film. Shout Out to Anuya, for her commendable acting in her debut film. I still love the songs! :D

4. Rameswaram
*ing:Jiiva,Bhavana,Lal
Number 4 for the Jiiva and Bhavana pair, (they were adorbs) and the story. I also admired the awesome Sri Lankan Tamil, it was very different from the Tamil spoken in TN, and I like the sound of it. 

5. E
*ing:Jiiva,Nayantara,Pasupathy,Ashish Vidyarthi,Karunas
Out of all the Jiiva movies I've seen, this was the MOST different. His character had this negative shade, that later changed to a nice person. The Jiiva and Nayan pair was unexpected, but nice. 

6. Boss Engira Bhaskaran
*ing: Arya,Nayantara,Santhanam,Jiiva-Cameo
Since this is only a Jiiva post :D This ranking is only based on his cameo. His Cameo was hilarious XD Since it was Rajesh from SMS who directed it, his cameo had shades of Siva. :D
KT was named Tamil M.A before.

7. Kattradhu Tamizh
*ing:Jiiva,Anjali
At number 7 for Jiiva's awesomely insane acting! I still can't he didn't at least get a State Award, for this performance! Anjali and Jiiva made a cute pair :)) Once Again,Anjali is one of those talented debuts. The ending was surprising. 


8. Raam
*ing:Jiiva,Gajala,Saranya,Murali
Once Again, Awesome acting by Jiiva and it was only his third film! I find it sad that Gajala's career didn't take off well after the movie. Raam was a good suspenseful movie to watch. :)

9.Kacheri Arambam
*ing:Jiiva,Poonam Bajwa,J.D Chakravathy
For its humor mostly(satirical comedy), Jiiva's comical acting. Love the songs, they are so catchy especially: Kadavule Kadavule,Kacheri Arambam,and Vaada. :D Poonam leads the "Pair list" for Jiiva. Though all the other actress were pretty good, I don't know why Poonam seems awesome for him. :D I guess they just had a spark between them. ;)

10. Singam Puli
*ing: Jiiva,Divya Spandana,Honey Rose/Sandhya
Another one for Jiiva's acting! Wasn't excepting a character with that kind of negative shade from Jiiva. 

11. Thenavattu
*ing:Jiiva,Poonam Bajwa
Sadly,this is one of my least favorite Jiiva movies, it failed to attract. Some good things: Jiiva-Poonam pair= Awesomeness! :D, And it also projected trans women in good light, unlike all the other movies that project the in a bad way. 


12. Pori
*ing:Jiiva,Pooja,
Another Jiiva movie that failed to attract. :( The only good thing: Perunthil Nee track. Jiiva and Pooja were very cute together,evidence: the poster above. :) 

Final Stuff: Jiiva is a skilled actor and a wonderful person. Make sure to watch out for his upcoming movies: Rowthiram,Vandhan Vendran,Nanban,and Mugamoodi! :) He also is turning a producer along with his bro,Jithan Ramesh, its said that his production company is going to be called Spiral Dreams.

Other Marathons: 

No comments:

Post a Comment